Friday, 23 December 2011
Então disse à mãe:
- Mãe na nossa árvore temos o mesmo número de bolas que a minha idade, o mesmo número de asas de anjos que a tua e o mesmo número de pontas de estrela que a idade da avó.
a) Que idade poderão ter a mãe e a avó do Carlos?
b) Quantas bolas, anjos e estrelas poderá ter a árvore do Carlos?
Carlos is eight years old and decided to count the Christmas ornaments on his tree and noticed that he had balls, angels and stars in a total of 33 ornaments like these:
Then he said to his mother:
- Mummy, on our tree we have the same number of balls than my age, the same number of angels' wings than your age and the same number of star edges than the age of grandmother.
a) How old could be the mother and the grandmother of Carlos?
b) How many balls, angels and stars may have Carlos' tree?
Knowing that there are 2 billion children on the planet, estimate how many presents have Santa Claus and the elves to make a day in a 365 days year?
Thursday, 22 December 2011
Λίγο πριν τα Χριστούγεννα οι μαθητές έψαξαν στην αποθήκη του σχολείου να βρουν τα περσινά χριστουγεννιάτικα δέντρα και να στολίσουν τις 17 αίθουσες του σχολείου. Βρήκαν 6 πράσινα, 8 χιονισμένα και μερικά άσπρα. Πόσα ήταν τα άσπρα δεντράκια;
(να λυθεί με εξίσωση)
Few days before Christmas some pupils went down the school’s basement to find last year’s Christmas trees. They wanted to decorate the 17 study rooms of their school. In the basement they found 6 green trees, 8 trees with fake snow on them and some white trees. How many are the white trees?
(you should solve it using an equation)
Sunday, 18 December 2011
Move three matches to get four triangles.
Someone has stolen Santa's wish list. He doesn't know how many presents he still has to prepare. Help him and guess what is the number ?
3 3 1
2 1 2 1
1 1 1 1 1
There are 9 snowmen in the box. They have got 9 baby-snowmen. How many legs are there in the box ? :-) Be wise ;-)
Rūta , Arminas, Gabrielė and Greda 5 a
Monday, 12 December 2011
Saturday, 10 December 2011
Sunday, 4 December 2011
Tuesday, 22 November 2011
Monday, 21 November 2011
- How many is 111111111111111111111111x0=???
- How many
zeros will be in a product?
20 * 40 * 50 * 60 =???
- Three hens lay 3 eggs per 3 days. How many eggs will 12 hens lay per 12 days?
- Mummy bought 3 muffins for her 3daughters: Jane, Sally and Polly. One muffin is with apples, the other- with pears and the third one is with poppies. Sally hates apples and poppies, Jane hates pears and Polly likes everything. Help mummy to share muffins to her daughters:-)
- Jack and Sam are students. Their surnames are Black and Green. Which surnames have Jack and Sam got if we know that Green and Jack don't like History?
- Good luck
- Greda 5a
Sunday, 20 November 2011
- First, he divided this number by 9.
- He added 9 to the result.
- Then, he multiplied the outcome with 9 and he got as final result the number 999.
Saturday, 19 November 2011
Mr. Silva can put the eggs from his chickens in boxes that take 6 eggs or in boxes that take 12 eggs. What is the smallest number of boxes that Mr. Smith needs to put 66 eggs?
Wednesday, 16 November 2011
Saturday, 12 November 2011
Thursday, 10 November 2011
Wednesday, 2 November 2011
O Vasco recebe 5€ todas as semanas. Gasta por dia 0,90€ no lanche e o restante guarda no seu porquinho mealheiro.
1.Que quantia de dinheiro economizou o Vasco numa semana?
2.Que quantia poupará num mês? E em 12 meses?
Vasco receives € 5 every week. He spend´s € 0.90 a day for his lunch and the rest stores on the piggy bank.
1. What amount of money saved Vasco in a week?
2. How much spares in a month? And in 12 months?
Ramona and pupils III A from Romania
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
Saturday, 29 October 2011
Grandfather Ulysses keeps his collection of coins in boxes like this one.
O avô Ulisses guarda a sua coleção de moedas em caixas como esta.
1- How can we quickly count the coins? Explain your strategy to count the coins?
2- He has 11 boxes like this one. How many coins does he have?
1- Como é que podemos contar rapidamente as moedas. Explica como fizeste?
2- Sabendo que ele tem 11 caixas como esta, quantas moedas tem o avô Ulisses?
Friday, 28 October 2011
on them.Just not to make Ebru upset Erdoğan,Gizem,Furkan and Berkay without
knowing what they will face give her their watches.Ebru sets the watches that
she had taken from her friends a few minutes backward.
Before Ebru borrows Erdoğan,Gizem,Furkan and
Berkay’s watches,their watches show the correct time as they are written below
Erdoğan’s watch is 3 minutes back from the actual
Gizem’s watch is 10 minutes back from the actual
Furkan’s watch is 4 minutes back from the actual
Berkay's watch is 9 minutes back from the actual
When Erdoğan,Gizem,Furkan and Berkay take their
watches from Ebru,they realize that there is something wrong because it has
already been too late and they had realized what was wrong too late.
So, in accordiance to this:
1)When Erdoğan’s watch shows 12.35, what time does
Furkan’s watch show?
2)When Berkay's watch show 15.30, what time does
Gizem's watch show?
3) If these four friends went to meet each other
at an arranged time ,what time difference would there be between the one who
comes the second and the one who comes the fourth? ( Taking their own watches’
time in to consideration)
Monday, 24 October 2011
Friday, 21 October 2011
On a trip to the mountain, Maria picked up a sprig of seaweed and poppy. When she got home put the flowers in a vase.
- What a beautiful bunch of flowers! - Said the mother of Maria .- you caught six flowers, the same number of thy years.
Maria found the number of petals of the poppy and seagrass beds and said:
-Have you seen Mom, the six flowers have 28 petals, it is your age!
1) Knowing that the poppy has four (4) petals and seaweed has five (5) , how many poppies picked up Mary?
Explains how to find the answer. You can use drawings, words, or mathematical operations.
Sunday, 16 October 2011
1º- Que quantidade de fruta foi comida ao todo?
2º- Quantas peças de fruta sobraram?
There were in a bowl, 18 pears , 22 oranges and 12 bananas . For lunch and dinner Carolina's family ate half oranges and half bananas.
1st - How much fruit was eaten at all?
2nd-How many pieces of fruit left over?